Familia Dyrst

We have finished our time with MCC in southern Mexico and are now living with Martin's dad in Bluffton Ohio.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Journal Enrty March 3, 2007

At some point I want to write more about my relationship with the dust here in Olinala.
I remember what my friend Mike Hofkamp said one time, “You know Liz, God is dirt.” This was somewhat shocking to me initially, but Mike went on to say something like the following:
“We are made in the image of God. We come from dirt. From dirt we were formed and to the earth (dirt) we will return….so God is dirt. Organic dirt.”

I love our new home. And there is lots of dust right now, during this dry season. And lots of mud to come I’m sure. So I think of Mike and his statement that God is dirt often. And when I think of this, the dust on the floor, and well, everywhere, it doesn’t bother me as much. And I think, welcome God. You are welcome here.

1 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Alison said...

I love this, Liz - what a beautiful and compelling image. Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home