Familia Dyrst

We have finished our time with MCC in southern Mexico and are now living with Martin's dad in Bluffton Ohio.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sweet Bonding

Isaiah and I have been alone, together, in Olinala since Sunday. (On the way back from our team meeting in Chihuahau the week before, Martin and Micah stayed at the MCC office in Mexico City to do some electrical and plumbing work - that multi-talented husband of mine.) I felt that it was important to get Isaiah back to a routine, back to school. Me too for that matter. Our time in Chihuahua was hard for Isaiah and I in a number of ways. We both need routine. And some down time. I ended the week feeling, once again, like a "bad" mother. And that's not what I want to be. Not at all.

So I rejoice and give thanks to God for this sweet bonding time with my dear, dear firstborn son. I give thanks for grace, for each new day and the chance to start again. And for the quick forgiveness of children.

We read a book together - The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane - by Kate DiCamillo. We cried together, laughed together, and in the end, cried again. It is a beautiful book. We highly recommend it to everyone.

And so the journey continues...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home