Familia Dyrst

We have finished our time with MCC in southern Mexico and are now living with Martin's dad in Bluffton Ohio.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Baking Plans


In the car heading out with the cookbooks.


Testing,

testing,

testing.

Micah (hiding behind everyone) and his friends.


This afternoon Micah and I took off to Chiaucingo with the cookies and cakes that we baked yesterday. And a bag full of cookbooks. Micah talked the whole way there. I love listening to him. As soon as we got there he ran off with his friends. I joined the circle of 9 women and we had fun testing all the treats. We made sure to clean our pallets between each cookie and cake. I had a good time. Come to find out, one of them has a bread shop (sugar breads) in town. Lots of talking about what they want to learn, why, and how they want to organize our time together. In the end, they decided they want to learn how to make the sponge cake (More With Less p.282) first. And we're going to meet at the bread shop because they have a wood-fueled oven large enough to bake all the cakes at once! I clarified with them that I've never baked a cake like that before. They assured me it would be fine. And they're right. Pulling all our knowledge together, we'll be fine. I'm excited about all the baking and cooking tips I'm about to learn from them.
Micah played hard for 2 hours. Got in the truck to head home and he fell asleep immediately.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home