Familia Dyrst

We have finished our time with MCC in southern Mexico and are now living with Martin's dad in Bluffton Ohio.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Morning Prayer

new understandings from old memories

Psalm 143 6, 8
I stretch out my hands to you, my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.
Let me hear of your steadfast love in the morning for in you I put my trust. Teach me the way I should go for to you I lift up my soul.


"The mystic guides of Islam teach that "a person who has put a foot to the holy path must be content to travel like a turtle." Grant me patience, then, as I plod slowly towards wholeness and holiness. But also make me eager to achieve a largeness of heart, a generosity of giving and a greater depth of humble service.
from Prayers for a Planetary Pilgrim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home