Familia Dyrst

We have finished our time with MCC in southern Mexico and are now living with Martin's dad in Bluffton Ohio.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

October 15, 2008

Today is our 2 year anniversary with MCC.
On my trail run this morning, a number of butterflies accompanied me. It was beautiful. Moving. I was grateful.
I remembered the butterfly connections I had while we were at language school almost 2 years ago. We went through some hard times, especially with our second host family. It led to lots of meaningful conversations with the language school teachers, especially Martha. We had many conversations about our faith. She told me about going to see the butterflies in Michoacan and how they kept landing on her. She felt God's spirit. Our conversations led to a series of dreams in which a butterfly continually landed on my bellybutton, my core. Reminding me of my inner strength and the sprit of God that dwells in each of us.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home