Familia Dyrst

We have finished our time with MCC in southern Mexico and are now living with Martin's dad in Bluffton Ohio.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Garden Group Convivio






(Oh how I love to pick and choose from both languages as necessary, as fitting.)

So the other Sunday we had a party at the MCC office for everyone who is participating in the garden project. (Family gardens using drip irrigation, compost, worm castings, crop rotation, companion planting, organic......on and on.) About 30 people from 4 different communities came. I had a wonderful time. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time, and it finally did! (THANKS Merideth and Kiara!!!!)
We talked about our gardens, about failures and successes. We talked about using the compost from the dry latrines, worm castings, saving seeds...it went on and on. We played a "light and lively" game called "elephant and giraffe." We laughed, looked at Merideth and Kiara's garden at the office. I shared some marigold seeds I harvested from my garden. Other talked about bringing seeds to share next time. We ate food with ingredients from Mer and Kiara's garden. All in all, it was beautiful. Our next convivio (gathering) is scheduled for Feb 15th.

1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh Liz, you make me want to come to Mexico! We are working on an assignment in Colombia, but I am too scared at this point...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home