Familia Dyrst

We have finished our time with MCC in southern Mexico and are now living with Martin's dad in Bluffton Ohio.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Some thoughts

I've been reading "Rilke's Book of Hours - Love Poems to God".

".....I yearn to belong to something, to be contained
in an all-embracing mind that sees me
as a single thing.
I yearn to be held
in the great hands of your heart-
oh let them take me now.

Into them I place these fragments, my life,
and you, God - spend them however you want."


I connected to this particular part of this poem today. There have been many fragments over the last number of months. Times have been hard. Conversations have been difficult. We have spoken out and shared, maybe too loudly and too much at times. Maybe, maybe not. From the fragments - talking, resolving, and I believe, healing. Yes, healing is happening. I want it to happen slowly, so it can be more complete.

One more poem from Rilke:

"Only in our doing can we grasp you.
Only with our hands can we illumine you.
The mind is but a visitor:
it thinks us out of our world.

Each mind fabricates itself.
We sense its limits, for we have made them.
And just when we would flee them, you come
and make of yourself an offering.

I don't want to think a place for you.
Speak to me from everywhere.
Your Gospel can be comprehended
without looking for its source.

When I go toward you
it is with my whole life."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home