Familia Dyrst

We have finished our time with MCC in southern Mexico and are now living with Martin's dad in Bluffton Ohio.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

How to use a Dry Latrine






Today I went to the primary school in Zacango to talk with the students about the new dry latrines at their school. We talked about how the dry latrines work, the correct way to use the toilet with seperator (sit forward to pee, sit towards the back to poop). They learned they dry latrine song that Isaiah and Micah and I made up the other day. To wrap up, everyone had to act out how to sit to poop, where to deposit the toilet paper (in the back as well) and remember to cover their poop with dry material. They are all "cats" now, instead of dogs :) Next time I should take cat stickers for everyone. Next week I'll do the same thing at the preschool.



I walked some and then hitched a ride back into town. I had time to notice the cactus in bloom, and the countryside. The mountain is the one we climbed with my dad during Holy Week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home