Familia Dyrst

We have finished our time with MCC in southern Mexico and are now living with Martin's dad in Bluffton Ohio.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

THANKS MOM!

As those of you who know me know....I find mothering challenging. Oh yes, there are joyful parts too, and I try to write about, remember, and treasure those moments as well. In some recent email exchanges with my dear mother, she sent the following:



"Yes, I totally understand about being sensitive. It is difficult when you are doing all you think you possibly can and other people disappoint you. I've learned that this is when I have to release it to God and truly activate my faith that my value is not based on my success but on my relationship with God. To accept failure in humility but keep ones incredible identity as a beloved child of God is a challenging balance. Todays reading in the little book I have here by my desk quotes Helen Keller:

"I believe that life is given so we may grow in love, and I believe that God is in me as the sun is in the color and fragrance of a flower- the Light in my Darkness, the Voice in my Silence."

THANKS MOM!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home