Familia Dyrst

We have finished our time with MCC in southern Mexico and are now living with Martin's dad in Bluffton Ohio.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Time in My Garden

It's so good to spend time at home! We continue to enjoy the wonderful outdoor space around our house. I was able to work in my garden all morning. I'm trying to grow cilantro and swiss chard even in this heat.....so I made some shade. I've decided to train the Maracuya plant to grow over the cilantro and shade it. And I made a cloth shade for the swiss chard. (Remember Filomena's shade cloth? It's the most "quilt-like" sewing I've ever done :)





Micah was in the garden too. Here he is sitting by the onions and basil.


Our strawberry plant has a few berries again. We'll see who gets to eat them this time, us or the grasshoppers.



Tomatoes, a bit of dill, and nasturshims. The yellow plastic has oil on it to attrackt white flies. Some things ARE growing. I reflected AGAIN on how much work, time, and water goes into growing food. And give thanks for those who are doing it. And pray that true organic gardens can flourish.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home